Consent from: @john_sterlacci, @itsdanwu, @julz, @frogmonkee, @appt_pupil, @cadena, @postarchitekt, @gaian, @aia, @JonSimmons-dendrons
Consent by: 2022-06-01T22:00:00Z
- This proposal loosely follows the pod ratification proposal template 1, referred to in the governance charter 1.
- This proposal builds on discussions around ratifying the source pod, some of which can be found here and here. (Thank you to everyone providing feedback!)
- Note: Suggesting this over OrcaSource.pod.xyz because capital casing doesn’t work great in URLs and for consistency with current naming convention in the Orca ecosystem.
Ratifying the source pod on-chain would be to the following ends:
- Provide visibility into a core entity within Orca
- Exist as a possible container for future funds and act as execution authority
- Create surface area to experiment with tools and scenarios faced by other organizations
The source pod exists to steward the flow of information and coordination across pods.
- Home finding - Supporting new initiatives in finding homes (in existing pods or spinning up new pods)
- Information Flow - Ensuring SL and ON have proper channels and support for information flow between and among pods
None; the source pod is equivalent to the general circle in sociocracy.
Orcanauts - Gov-naut
- Appt Pupil (lead)
- Cadena (delegate)
Orcanauts - Art-naut
- PostArchitekt (lead)
- Gaian (delegate)
Orcanauts - Nav-naut
- dendrons (lead)
- aia (delegate)
Sonar Labs - Communications
- frogmonkee (lead)
- Chase (delegate)
Sonar Labs - Protocol
- Dan Wu (lead)
- John (delegate)
None; without a pod admin, source pod membership can be managed through multi-sig transactions.
Source pod members are the pod leads + a delegate from a pod in the Orca network, both of which are social roles. The social agreements around who holds these roles are managed at the level of the respective pod before it is changed in the source pod. This means that there is a social agreement among source pod members to hold no objection rights to who the pod lead and delegate of a given pod are. The multi-sig transaction to manage pod source pod membership is a necessary technical operation, but not a medium for voting on source pod membership.
I propose a transaction threshold of 7 of 10.
I propose to set a short review period to coincide with the review of the governance charter: 20 June 2022. This seems safe, as an agreement can be made to extend the duration if no major concerns emerge.
The review period would be an appropriate time to evaluate how the proposed settings feel, especially, but not limited to:
- Having no pod admin
- Proposal threshold of 7/10
- Pod duration
From our governance charter:
Resolve Objections: if pod member(s) have objections, each should be handled one at a time; there are four pathways to resolve an objection (pick the most promising option and repeat until resolved):
- Member(s) who object are responsible for suggesting amendments and collaborating with proposer(s) to make the proposal safe to try and good enough for now
- Group has time-boxed discussion to explore how the objection(s) may be resolved
- Proposers re-work the proposal with significant revisions, potentially bringing in different members to collaborate
- Abandon the proposal altogether
- Repeat consent round and repeat resolution steps as needed
To execute on this proposal, consent is required from the source pod members by 2022-06-01T22:00:00Z
If you agree that:
- ratifying the source pod on-chain could help Orca move closer to its North Star, and;
- the parameters specified above feel Good Enough for Now and Safe Enough to Try,
then please express your consent by smashing
- 2022-05-25T22:00:00Z - Following @Appt_Pupil’s objection to the transaction threshold, increased the threshold from 6/10 to 7/10.
- 2022-05-29T22:00:00Z - Following temporary role changes in Sonar Labs’ Communications pod, updated source pod membership for the SL Comms pod.
- 2022-05-29T22:00:00Z - Added clarifying language around source pod membership management.