Seeking nominations for the gov-naut delegate role

Gov-naut members, please nominate a member of gov-naut (and don’t hesitate to self-nominate if you’d like) to fill the delegate role for the pod. As defined in our governance charter, this role is “responsible for facilitating communication between the pod and the parent pod and representing pod interests in the parent pod”. As @aia spoke to well in this thread, having another member of the pod that can represent the voice of the pod and provide a check and balance is a useful concept from sociocracy that we want to adopt. Thus, the only member who can’t fill this role is the pod lead (currently me).

Current thought: we’ll take nominations through the end of Wednesday 20 April and then briefly touch on this at Thursday’s gov-naut sync to determine how to finalize the selection. If you have a better suggestion on how to facilitate this, please make that suggestion below.

5 Likes

I nominate @DarylEdwards.eth for this role. Daryl brings a useful perspective to every conversation and including his views in broader conversations will be beneficial to us all.

6 Likes

As reminder, the pod delegate is:

a pod member who is also a member of the parent pod (or subpod). Responsible for facilitating communication between the pod and the parent pod and representing pod interests in the parent pod.

I think Daryl would be excellent!

2 Likes

Daryl has declined to take on the delegate role at this time. I still believe that it is important that we have a delegate for the gov-naut pod, as aia has covered.

I propose that we reopen nominations until next week’s gov-naut sync and review candidates there for next steps.

I’ll kick things off. I’d like to nominate PostArchitekt as delegate for gov-naut. Post is an active contributor, consistently attending and recording our gov-naut sync meetings. Thus, he is well-positioned to provide the pod’s perspective on topics. While he already has a lot going on within the Orcanauts, I believe the additional burden would be minimal and would love to see him take this on.

We talked about doublinog up Pod Leads as delegates, but not double delegating.

My concern with both now, besides the challenge of fulfilling multiple roles well, is that it would also mean a person has to vote more than once, if they are part of double linking from two different Pods.

@John_Sterlacci, @zkchun , is it even possible for that to work with the current NFT contract implementation?

Curiously!

You cannot hold more than one membership of the same pod.

Regarding nominees:
Possibly Cadena could be an option? He’s just joined, but has already been on two calls in which he also actively pitched in. His experience at Rabbithole helps a lot too.

You cannot hold more than one membership of the same pod.

I was kind if hoping you’d say that. My intuitions are against people being both Pod Lead and Delegate, but then there are our realities to be pragmstic about.

TBH, in our culture I don’t think the Delegste role as a delegate is quite as necessary. I do think separating the Pod informstion sharing and distribution from the Lead role is really important, both politically as well as for role responsibility reduction.

So, i am glad to hear it is not an option without changing how the Smart Contracts work.

we don’t implement these “roles” at the smart contract level. As far as the SC is concerned everyone is a generic member (except the admins). These roles are currently just social agreements.

That doesn’t mean someone couldn’t have more than on NFT for a Pod, possibly allowing them to have more than one vote. I was kind of guessing implementing would be enough of a PITA, that you hadn’t done it.

Like I said above, I am happy about it.
:pray:t5::sparkling_heart::sparkles:

Hey all, just circling back to this.

Firstly, I want to thank you for nominating me for this role. If I were to take on this role I would need some more context to understand the scope of the potential workload.

1. Delegate is a pod member who is also a member of the parent pod (or subpod). Responsible for facilitating communication between the pod and the parent pod and representing pod interests in the parent pod.

Based on the delegation description from the Governance Charter v1 above, is it fair to assume this is mostly going to facilitate communication between source pod <> gov-naut pod to start?

Yes. I wouldn’t expect much of a mandatory time commitment other than regular attendance at source pod and gov-naut pod meetings.

Then I humbly accept the nomination!

2 Likes

Yes! With the idea that the Delegate is representing the regular Member perspective. It is also a position of advocacy for the Pod, from the regular member perspective.

:man_bowing:t5: TY!